Siena College offers a Career Development program that encourages and supports students to aim high and make informed decisions about their future career pathways.
Today's students are likely to change careers several times across multiples industries, therefore the skills required to manage such career development form the focus of the Careers program at Siena College.
Age appropriate Career Development activities are implemented from Years 7 to 12. The program assists students to identify their strengths, skills, abilities and allows them to explore the impact of their values on career choices.
Careers testing is available to help guide subject choices for the senior years. A fully qualified career practitioner is available to both students and parents. Appointments can be booked by contacting the Careers Centre on 9835 0250 or by emailing email@example.com.
Other Career Events and resources which support and enhance the program include:
- A well resourced Careers Centre with up to date information on tertiary courses, VTAC, gap year programs, job search techniques, scholarships, overseas exchange opportunities, early entry schemes and vocational education guides
- The Siena College Careers website, an invaluable resource for all post school options
- Our annual Careers Showcase, a unique partnership with our Alumnae Association which invites past students to return and discuss their career pathways.
- Tertiary presentations for students in Years 11 and 12
- Fortnightly Careers newsletters
- Lunchtime guest speaker program
- Workshops for Year 12 students (recent topics include transition to university, setting up a LinkedIn profile)