Siena College is an independent Catholic school for young women in the Dominican tradition. Our Dominican tradition places particular emphasis on diversity and the unique gifts of every person. We are energised and inspired by each other and find joy in our work, our learning and our community.
Students and staff are encouraged and supported to aim high, to pursue their dreams and to excel in all that they do.
Siena College holds the care, safety and wellbeing of young people as a central and fundamental responsibility. The commitment is drawn from and inherent to the teaching and mission of Jesus Christ, with love, justice and the sanctity of each human person at the heart of the Gospel.
The College has a universal expectation for the protection of young women. It is resolutely committed to ensuring that all staff promote their inherent dignity and fundamental right to be respected and nurtured in a safe environment.
Applying for a Role at Siena College
All staff at Siena College have an indispensable role to play. It is expected of all staff that they:
- Accept the Catholic and Dominican educational philosophy of the College
- Develop and maintain an adequate understanding of those aspects of Catholic teaching that touch upon their subject areas and other aspects of their work
- By their teaching and other work and by personal example, strive to help students to understand, accept and appreciate Catholic teaching and values
- Avoid, whether by word, action or public lifestyle, influence upon students that is contrary to the teaching and values of the Church community in whose name they act
- Be committed to regular ongoing professional development
- In teaching positions, they be qualified as required by state authorities and hold a current VIT Registration
- In non teaching positions, hold a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Be a person suitable to work with children
Siena College invites applications for the following contract positions:
Learning Diversity Officer
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract: current vacancy to 11 December 2020
As a member of our Learning Diversity Team the successful applicant will provide learning support to our students. The salary classification for this position is Education Support Officer Category B as per the conditions of the 2018 VCEMEA .
Health and Physical Education Teacher
Full time, Fixed Term Contract: 14 April to 22 June 2020
A covering letter supported by the College Application Form, curriculum vitae, qualifications and the names of three referees should be addressed to the Principal and emailed to the Human Resources Manager, Tracey Kermond at email@example.com. The College Application form can be found below.
Applications close 4.00pm Monday 24 February 2020
Interviews will commence Wednesday 26 February 2020
Employment Application Forms